Friday, August 7, 2009

Girls Camp 2009






Girls camp turned out perfect this year. Our theme was "Anchors Aweigh!" (Ether 12:4) I did EFC (expecially for camp) this year, it was great to have the spiritual high that all the study and preparation brought into my life. The first day my lesson was on the 100% challenge issued by Sister Dalton and Pres. Monson. Pray, Read, Live Righteously (Smile)! I gave all the girls an amethyst CTR bracelet to remind them to draw nearer to their spiritual side.
The second day I used the beautiful picture my friend Arina painted for me. We talked about what we needed to do to allow the Savior to navigate our lives and the blessings we get when He does. After the lesson we went on a geo-cache and the girls each found a copy of the painting to put in their rooms. They all really loved the picture and were very excited to have one for themselves.
The rest of the time was filled with crafts, certification,skits and water sports etc. On the last night Sister Susan Jones of the YW General Board came and spoke to all the girls. She was very loving and friendly with them and they really listened to her message. She also spoke on the 100% challenge and how it can make a difference in their lives. I love going to Girls Camp and feeling of the spirit that is always there! The picture Arina painted for me really added to that spirt this year. Everyone commented on how much "light" was in the Saviors face. I am so grateful to have such a talented friend.

1 comment:

  1. Man do I miss girls camp. Maybe one day I will be able to go back. That is an awesome pic and I so wish that I could even draw discernible stick figures. I am glad that everyone had some fun and were safe. So on to school we go....

    ReplyDelete